November 22, 2010

Week 35: Give Thanks




Week 35 is capped with a foggy, fall morning picture in our back yard at 7:30am. On Saturday our Hokies beat rival, Miami, with a score of 31-17. If you haven't realized, this is our 9th straight win as we slowly made our way back into the good graces of the college football community.

Ezra will be here in no time, and we can't wait. We are thankful for our future son and Jessica's healthy pregnancy. We are also thankful for our committed marriage, our home, our jobs, our health, and our country.

This weekend we learned more about the origins of this holiday. During the early 1600s, there might not have seemed much to be thankful for, but those at Plymouth Plantation still gave thanks for what little they had. We learned that President Lincoln made Thanksgiving a national holiday, and for the 147th time, we will observe Thanksgiving Day later this week.

Historically [and currently in this household], Thanksgiving was/is celebrated as a day of gratitude to God for family, friends, and everything He has provided. Let this be a reminder that we need to be thankful on a daily basis.

1 I love the LORD, because He has heard
my voice and my supplications.
2 Because He has inclined His ear to me,
therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.

6 The Lord preserves the simple;
I was brought low, and He saved me.
17 I will offer to You the sacrifice of thanksgiving,
and will call upon the name of the Lord.

Psalm 116: 1-2,6,17


No official pictures for this week except for an update on our upstairs loft / den. Be sure to check out the pictures from Justin's work trip to Toronto in the previous post.




No comments:

Post a Comment